Victim is not mentally aware; does not respond to sound or light; may be completely unresponsive.
- Call 911 or your local EMS.
- DO NOT move victim or give anything by mouth unless he or she is in immediate danger (gunfire, could be hit by a car, fire).
- Keep victim warm; loosen any tight clothing.
- Maintain an open airway. If breathing difficulties develop, begin rescue-breathing techniques immediately.
- Check for emergency medical identification tag to help determine cause of unconsciousness.